Sharing the (Blog) Love
By Chris Taylor, The Forgiven Wife
We put time, energy, heart, and prayer into what we write. It is rewarding to have that recognized by another blogger—so why not decide to be that other blogger?
We can encourage and recognize other bloggers’ work in so many ways. Try some of these:
- Leave a supportive comment on one of their blog posts.
- Share one of their posts through your own social media channels. You can even add an encouraging comment.
- Retweet or share their social media posts.
- If you write a post about a similar topic as the other blogger, include a link to their post directly in your own.
- Add the blog to your blog roll or resource list.
Not only does it provide some new traffic and readership for the other blogger, it helps your readers learn about a new resource to help them grow their marriages.
If you like, you can use HootSuite, Facebook scheduling, or something similar to schedule a post from another blogger on a regular basis.
Sometimes we are the ones being encouraged and supported by others. It’s great to see that someone whose work we respect has promoted us—but how are we supposed to respond?
Here are some ideas:
- Respond to the share (reply to the tweet or comment on the Facebook post) to say “thank you for sharing my post.”
- Like and/or share the post or tweet.
- If you were shared directly in one of their posts, leave a comment on the post to thank them and to respond to something they said in the post.
- Add a link at the bottom of your own blog post to refer your readers to the other blog.
- Share one of the blogger’s posts through your own social media.
We are all working to help Christians grow in their marriages. Sharing each other’s blogs is a great way to help our readers while encouraging each other.